Tag Archives: Fashion
My new favorite colors
Burberry Autumn/Winter collections that will always be in style
Guys Class It Up A Bit
Summer Styles By: Valen Custer
Who said finance had to be boring? Neutral pieces with interesting details and silhouettes are office appropriate, yet fashion forward.
1. Maison Rabih Kayrouz Sleeveless Shirt, $1276.40;farfetch.com
2. Burberry London Wool Peplum Skirt, $495;saks.com
3. Sergio Rossi Godiva Suede Pumps, $575;intermixonline.com
4. Alexis Bittar Crystal Encrusted Gold Long Orbiting Earrings, $195;intermix.com
5. Lanvin Happy Bag in Grained Calfskin, $2,545;lanvin.com
Marc Jacobs: What can you even say about this show? There was so much to love. The glowing sun-like orb. The topless model. The glam. The hotpants. It brought me back to my 16 year-old self obsessed with glam rock and David Bowie (who am I kidding, I still am). Not only was the presentation out-of-this-world, but so were the clothes. Bravo, Marc, Bravo.
FALL 2013 READY-TO-WEAR McQ Alexander McQueen
FALL 2013 READY-TO-WEAR Oscar De La Renta
A FEW OF MY FASHION WEEK FAVORITES
Color Your life
Burberry Prorusm’s pre-autumn 2012 collection
Next year looms and, accordingly, we’re not just working to get our heads around the spring summer 2012 fashion collections that will serve as the year’s first truly new offerings, but also the autumn / fall 2012 collections which will do more to define how we approach 2012′s fashions than anything else. The trouble is that, on this side of the New Year’s Eve divide, few designers are willing to show off their collections for this time next year. What they are willing to do, however, is give us a preview of their offerings for the season that falls between summer and autumn. Can’t think of that season’s name? Neither can we, hence, it’s call the pre-Autumn / Fall season, a season that doesn’t really exist.
While the accepted naming convention might leave a lot to be desired, the collections that fall under its moniker often prove to be of great benefit for those of us interested in a little crystal ball gazing. After all, by right a pre-season collection will offer a glimpse of what the full collection has in store. Hence, in the look book of Burberry Prorusm’s pre-autumn 2012 collection collection that was released today we get not just a glimpse of what designer Christopher Bailey is likely to leave behind in spring / summer, but also a good nod at where he’s likely to take us for the rest of the year.
After Hours: Giambattista Valli
- On the Runway Blog: Fashion Without End (runway.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Home Fashions 1926 (catwalkthreads.wordpress.com)
- Manhattan Fashion Show at MW (modelsworkshop.wordpress.com)
- Fashion Hunters Episode 7: Samantha Pleet and Eco Friendly Fashion (whiteelephantstyle.wordpress.com)